Cafe Lead - Full time
SER Jobs - La Chamba Cafe is looking for a Cafe Lead. Experience in the restaurant and hospitality industry required.
Job description: SER- Jobs for Progress is currently looking for a Café Lead who is experienced in food industry startups and product purchasing. We are currently looking for a highly motivated, self-starter, dedicated leader with experience in the restaurant industry. You will assist in supervising trainees to ensure the goals and objectives of the program are accomplished. The Café Lead must be able to apply a high level of written and oral communication skill for important interactions with community agencies, sources of funding, internal contacts, compliance organizations, etc. Other responsibilities include training students from our programs in the daily activity of a café or restaurant with the intention of having them ready to hire once they successfully complete our program.
We are looking for a Food Service Crew Leader to lead all aspects of Houston’s first workforce training coffee shop. The Café Lead will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service. Café Lead’s responsibilities include developing systems and procedures to allow for effective and efficient maintenance of the restaurant’s revenue, profitability, and quality goals. The Café Lead will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. To be successful in this role, the Café Lead must have management skills and experience in both store-front and kitchen function. The Café Lead must know how to oversee the dining room function and maintenance, check-in with customers to ensure customer satisfaction, all while leading by example for all employees and stakeholders. The Café Lead will directly report to the Café manager and assist in the programming of trainee work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure the Café and all business pertaining to the Café comply with health and safety, business function and all required regulations. The Café Lead must always lead by example and must effectively motivate and maintain business momentum in the fast-paced environment. Ultimately, the Café Lead must ensure La Chamba Café runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
WORK DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Work cohesively with Café Manager to coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House cafe operations
• Work to educate customers and other community stakeholders about La Chamba’s role in reshaping Houston’s future workforce.
• Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
• Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
• Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
• Organize and supervise shifts
• Evaluate staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
• Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils, and cleaning products
• Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations and routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows, grinders, takes out trash, and other assigned duties.
• Assist with managing cafe’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
• Identify ways to cut waste
• Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
• Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
• Work closely with the Café Manager to develop and promote La Chamba Café
• Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
• Train and reinforces trainees’ knowledge on preparing and serving café products
• Train, implement and monitor Café safety at all time to successfully pass any and all inspections and general job duties
• Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
• Record Management all Café service functions to support the business and manager reports
• Develop an on the job training for the clients we will have working in the café temporarily
• Develop relationships with outside businesses to place clients after our on the job training is complete.
EDUCATION, Certifications, and EXPERIENCE:
• Proven work experience in excelling within the Restaurant and Hospitality industry
• Proven customer service experience and high-level of professionalism
• Ability to obtain City of Houston’s Manager Food Service Certification within 30 days of starting
• Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with the ability to remember and recall and effectively communicate the ingredients and dishes to inform customers and team members/trainees
• Familiarity with Point of Sales systems, (ex: Clover, Toast, Square, etc.)
• Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
• Ability to implement financial management skills
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to research data, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Must possess and provide a valid Texas Driver’s License and Automobile Liability Insurance as required by the State of Texas
• Must be skilled in communicating effectively, both verbal and written
• Strong working knowledge of Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel preferred
• Ability to self-start and prioritize
Contact Person: Eunice Ventura