Filled - Café General Manager - Full Time
Verbena Coffee is seeking an experienced candidate to fill the role of Café General Manager. Company offers health insurance, paid leave, flexible work schedule, as well as monthly wireless plan.
Job description: Are you passionate about coffee? Do you excel at creating a great atmosphere and customer experience? Are you Verbena Coffee’s Café Manager?
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the process of establishing a coffee shop from build out to daily operations.
Verbena Coffee will open its door to the public summer 2019. Located in Memorial-Energy Corridor, it will be one of the few independent coffee shops to serve this area.
• Lead retail staff and café operations
• Possess in-depth knowledge of Verbena’s principles, policies and products
• Ensure outstanding customer experience and superior product quality
• Strive to exceed Verbena’s financial goals
• Develop a motivated team committed to delivering exceptional products and excellent experiences
• Promote teamwork and robust, positive communication among staff
• Ensure consistent high-quality customer service. Report customer feedback to the team.
• Lead a customer-focused café experience by modeling and coaching outstanding hospitality at every opportunity
• Perform barista duties
• Actively monitor drink quality and help ensure drink standards are being met
• Facilitate and participate in internal and public events
• Create and manage weekly café schedule
• Enthusiastically drive and/or support key marketing initiatives
• Continuously develop and implement cafe and company efficiencies
• Facilitate and execute employee review process
• Ensure that all employees are trained and performing to Verbena’s standards
• Implement and follow up Verbena’s Employee Handbook
• Maintain café equipment and schedule regular maintenance
• Keep front and back of café organized and clean at all times
• Recruit and interview candidates as needed to maintain stellar staff
• Control costs without compromising standards and customer service
• Responsibility for purchasing of goods and inventory management
• Must love coffee and passionate about continuously learning about it
• Previous coffee shop management experience is a plus
• Outstanding organizational, planning, and time management skills
• Must have customer-focused attitude
• Ability to model teamwork and lead a team
• Must be approachable, mindful, and positive
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in any given situation
• Legal documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the country
• Ability to work full time including variable hours including early mornings, weekends and/or holidays
Benefits: • Reimbursement limit towards premium of health insurance plan of your choice, provided that such plan complies with at least minimum essential coverage.
• Entitlement to 10 days of paid vacation per calendar year, accrued per pay period from first day of employment and prorated for partial years
• Flexible work schedule
• Monthly wireless plan (bring your own device)
Contact Person: Yngvil Schiager