Barista - Full Time/ Part Time
A 2nd Cup is hiring fuoll time and part time baristas. Experience Preferred
Job description: The barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention toward each customer. He/she is also
responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees and other menu items. The barista is the main point of contact with the
customer and is, therefore, the main source of information about our mission. The barista is expected to be well-trained on how to
increase customer knowledge on the issue of human trafficking and point them to our events, resources, and information that can help
them learn more and get involved. The barista fulfills any other duties the on-duty manager assigns and represents A 2nd Cup in a
professional and compassionate manner.
● Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names,
favorite drinks and food items.
● Works to educate customers about the issue of human trafficking in Houston in a light, friendly tone.
● Directs customers to events, resources, and calendar to further their involvement in fighting human trafficking.
● Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
● Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty.
● Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
● Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
● Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, product sourcing, and freshness.
● Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
● Maintains efficient, friendly service.
● Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
● Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
● Develops an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the various differences in flavor and blends.
● Develops an understanding of our menu items and the purpose of fair trade and communicates that effectively with customers.
● Begins to educate themselves on the various types of coffee, tea products, blends, roasts, etc.
● Proficiently prepares all drink items and strives for the highest quality possible.
● Restocks shelves as necessary.
● Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows, grinders, takes out trash, and other assigned duties.
● Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments.
● Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
● Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
● Informs manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
Salary: 8.50/hr + tip share, competitive pay for those with more experience
Benefits: Health Insurance for Full Time (32/HR weekly)
Contact Person: Gin Kim